Can you help us to help others?
We rely on the generous support of local businesses and organisations as well as Trusts and Foundations to fund our work and keep our services running.
We fundraise towards:
Materials and equipment – during the course of their work, our Help at Home team get through thousands of litres of paint, hundreds of paint brushes and rollers, garden waste refuse sacks and drill bits. We also need to fundraise to buy larger pieces of equipment, such as drills, mowers, strimmers and hedge trimmers.
Special events – 70% of the people who use our services would like to get out more. We organise outings and events which provide valuable social contact for our clients. All the items that make an event, such as venue hire, entertainment, decoration, need to be fundraised for.
Volunteers’ costs – our volunteers offer their time for free so it is only right that they do not incur extra expense in the course of their volunteering. We need to cover costs such as mileage, parking, entry fees and refreshments when they are supporting our clients to get out and about.
Training – to ensure our volunteers and employees are up-to-date with the latest health and safety, First Aid, wheelchair handling, dementia awareness etc, we regularly hold training sessions. Again, we need to raise the income to cover these essential costs.
Transport – we run two Help at Home vans which are essential to transport our equipment to jobs and take waste items to the tip. We receive no statutory funding for our vehicles so always need funds to help keep our vehicles on the road.
These are just some of the ways in which you could help. Please get in touch via email@example.com or 01423 813090
Corporate fundraising ideas
We are always looking for new and innovative ways to raise funds to keep our services running. Activities can be as simple or as grand as you like. Ideas might include:
- Collecting tins at your premises
- Group challenges – walks, runs, bike rides
- Golf days, parachute jumps, Fashion Shows
- Raffles, bake sales, quizzes
- % donation to HELP for every sale/customer you help
- Donation of raffle prizes for fundraising/client/volunteer events
We are also looking for fundraising volunteers to help run our own HELP fundraising events.
We have a number of group and individual volunteering opportunities available, perfect for businesses who are looking for inspirational team building activities for their employees. Your help could make a real difference to the people we support. See Volunteer Roles for more information.
You can also help us by spreading the word. As a local organisation your employees/members are an important way of getting the message out there about what we do. You could help us by:
- Sharing information about our services with your network
- Promoting our volunteering opportunities among employees and customers
- Placing leaflets and posters on your business premises
- Including articles about HELP in your newsletters/website/on social media
What we can offer in return
We understand that any partnership has to be mutually beneficial. Just some of the ways your involvement with HELP could benefit your organisation are:
- Promoting the partnership in the local media and via social media
- Including articles in our newsletter and via our networks
- Giving you the opportunity to come and speak to our members about your skill/service
And giving you the opportunity to give something back to the local community in which your employees live and work.
For more information on working with HELP contact Lizzie or Katie on 01423 813090 or firstname.lastname@example.org